Busunya is the Capital of the Nkoranza North District in the Bono East Region and was inaugurated in February 2008. Busunya had a population of about 5,424 during the 2010 population census. Busunya is about nine (9) miles away from Nkoranza. The people of Busunya are predominantly farmers.
The Catholic Church in Busunya was founded by Op. Joseph Kwabena Amponsah in 1931. The pioneers who helped and fought to safeguard the faith included Opanin Afrifa, Mark Osei, Opanin Munu_ie, Kwaku Duku, Ko_i Nsiah, Kwasi Gyambi and Kwaku Addae. Others were Mad. Adwoa Anowuo, Yaa Owusuaa, Yaa Baffoaa and Abena Ampoma.
The current Church building is the third Church building and it was consecrated in 1988 by the Late Most Rev. James Kwadwo Owusu, the then Bishop of Sunyani Diocese. When Techiman Diocese was created in 2007, Busunya was made a Parish out of Nkoranza Parish on 4th May, 2013, and Rev. Fr. Martin Oduro Bilson was its first Priest. He was succeeded by Rev. Fr. Samuel Kofi Adjei. Currently, Rev.
Fr. Ernest Boadum is the Parish Priest of Busunya The Parish is very rich in terms of sites of tourist attraction. The tourist sites include the well-known monkey sanctuary located at Boabeng and Fiema which is 3 kilometres north of Busunya. The monkey sanctuary covers a forest of 4.4 square kilometres and serves as a home for black and white Colobus Mona monkeys. The Pinihi Amovi Caves are also historic underground caves near Fiema.
Phone: +233 577 686 484