kranka is town under the Nkoranza North District. It has, according to the 2010 PHC, a population of about 4680. Kranka has one of the famous gods in the Nkoranza Traditioanl area called Kranka Brakune.
St. Arnold Janssen Catholic Church was started in 1931 under the name St. Paul’s Catholic Church. It was started in Madam Akua Tuah’s house. The pioneers were Opanin Dabo, Kwaku Adamu, Madam Akosua Adubia, Madam Fulani and Adwoa Serwaa. Opanin Kwaku Adamu was appointed as the leader of the group.
The church collapsed after a year but Opanin Kwadwo Addo and Opanin Kofi Num reorganised the group and built a temporarily structure as chapel. Kranka was a pagan community and so the church faced many challenges and oppositions by the traditional worshippers. The traditional chief priest hearing the harassment of the group issued a strong warning against the persecutors.
The first priest who visited the group was Rev. Fr. Van Oyen who was the then Parish Priest of Techiman. The first Bishop to pay a pastoral visit was Rt. Rev. J. Psulison, the then Bishop of Kumasi, in 1948 and the Sacrament of Confirmation was administered.
On 28th October 2007, Most Rev. Matthew Kwasi Gyamfi elevated Kranka Roman Catholic Church to Quasi Parish with a new name St. Arnold Janssen with Rev. Fr. Gregorius Boss, SVD as the first Priest in charge. Currently, Rev. Fr. Eric Opoku Aning is the Parish Priest