Tuobodom is the district capital of the Techiman North District in the Bono East Region. It is located on the Techiman-Kintampo main road, about six (6) kilometers from Techiman municipality. In the 2010 Population and Houses Census, Tuobodom recorded a population of about 12, 040 inhabitants. It was made a district capital in June 2012.
The Church of Tuobodom was an outstation of the then St. Paul’s parish in Techiman before they got a resident priest in the year 2009. The Tuobodom Catholic Church was established between the years 1935 and 1936. The founding fathers were Op. Peter Kwaku Donyina, Peter Kwaku Anane and Joseph Kofi Nsia (all of blessed memory) who brought the church from Akuapem. For four (4) years, they gathered and worshiped in the house of one Op. Yaw Oduro. The church was later relocated to the now Cocoa Marketing Board (C.M.B) warehouse.
In the year 1948, through the hard work and voluntary spirit of the local people of Tuobodom, and under the supervision of Rev. Fr. Bushie, the then Parish Priest of St. Paul Parish of Techiman, they began to put up the Roman Catholic Mission School which collapsed due to poor management. Due to a misunderstanding that arose between the people of Tuobodom and the Priests of Techiman, it took the community over three years before they received any support rom the Parish center. It was Rt. Rev. Bishop Broung who intervened when he visited Tuobodom, and asked Fr. Hussman to build a chapel for them. Eventually in 1966, the foundation stone of the chapel was laid by His Lordship Bishop Joseph Amihene Essua. In the year 1971, the Roman Catholic Mission School was re-instituted and is now at the Junior High level.
When the Diocese of Techiman was created in 2008, Tuobodom became a Quasi Parish with Rev. Fr. Paul Osei Fosu, who was the then Financial Administrator of the Diocese, its first resident pastor in 2009. He was succeeded by Very Rev. Fr. George Boachie Nyarko, also the Financial Administrator of the diocese. Through the instrumentality of Fr. George, the Queen of Peace Church was created. In 2017, Adutwie and Saah, which were formerly under Offuman Quasi Parish, came under Tuobodom. Other Parish Priests are the late Very Rev. Fr. Paul Miki Gyamfi (2014-2016), Rev. Fr. Pius Frimpong (2016-
2017) and Very Rev. Fr. Paul Ameyaw (2017 to date)