Offuman, which is pronounced by the natives as “Fuman” is in the Techiman North District of the Bono East Region of Ghana. It is located at the North-Eastern part of Techiman, 21 kilometers from Tuobodom. It also lies on the South-Western part of Wenchi, about 20 kilometers away. Offuman has a population of 8,277.
The People are mostly farmers. The seed of the Catholic faith in Offuman was sown in the early 1930s through the instrumentality of the late Op. John Kyeremeh and Op. Peter Kwabena Osei. Upon their return from Kyekyerewere in the Ashanti Region in 1933, and having been converted into Catholicism, they brought the Catholic Faith to their native town. They started worshipping at the residence of Op. John Kyeremeh, with fifteen people including children, until a new church building was started and completed in 1972, under the supervision of Rev. Fr. Philip Boateng.
In August 2015, Offuman Parish was created out of the St. Paul’s Cathedral Parish. It was officially inaugurated on 10th April 2016 and Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Baffoe was officially installed as its first Pastor. Rev. Fr. Joachim Takyia took over from Fr. Emmanuel in May 2018.