Tanoso is one of the oldest towns in the Techiman traditional area. Tanoso is a community situated in the Techiman South Municipality in the Bono East Region of Ghana of Ghana. The name was derived from a river called Tano.
Techiman Tanoso is located on Techiman-Kumasi road about 15km from Techiman. Tanoso is predominantly a farming community with a few civil and public servants. Tanoso has a population of 8,779.
St. Joseph Catholic Church was established around 1943. Tanoso St. Joseph Parish was carved out of the then St. Paul’s Parish in Techiman and inaugurated in January 25, 1993 when the late Most Rev. James Kwadwo Owusu, Bishop of Sunyani Diocese, transferred Rev. Fr. Martin Buckley from Atebubu to be the
first Pastor of Tanoso. Fr. Martin began renovating the old chapel and built a new mission house. Rev Fr. Agyei Kyeremeh took over from Fr. Martin. Rev. Fr. John Bosco Kyeremeh handed the parish over to Rev. Fr. Peter Yeboah when Techiman Diocese was created in 2008.