Inter-Religious Dialogue and Ecumenical Relations
Coordinator: Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Korsah
Date of Ordination: 19th July 2008
Offices: Parish Priest, Transfiguration of the Lord, Jema
Chaplain, Christian Mothers’ Association (CMA)
Coordinator, Governance Justice and Peace
Address: P. O. Box 251, Techiman
It is the great wish of the Diocese that the Christ’s faithful under its jurisdiction make “openness to dialogue” their Christian attitude inside and outside their communities for effective evangelization. Following from deliberations of the Ghana Catholic Bishop’s Conference Emergency Meeting held on Monday, January 8, 2018, and acting in conformity the Directives of His Eminence Kurt Cardinal Koch, the President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity, a new Commission for Ecumenism in Ghana was established.
In this respect, a Diocesan Bishop has established the Commission for Inter-Religious Dialogue and Ecumenism in the Diocese with Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Korsah as its first Coordinator.
This new Commission works with other units in the Department of Pastoral Ministry and Evangelization to
• Facilitate education and practice of ecumenism and inter-religious dialogue.
• Encourage individuals and parishes in the Diocese to show more interest in the activities of the Local (Christian) Council of Churches.
• Undertake studies on issues on the promotion of peace, social justice and good moral values through inter-religious dialogue. And where appropriate and necessary, these studies can be jointly pursued with the Local Council of Churches and with people of other religions.:
• Promote, enhance and sustain good relations between the Catholic Church and other Christian churches, Islam and African Traditional Religion.
• Explore areas of co-operation and dialogue between the Church and other religions.
• Coordinate activities of Ecumenical Relations and Inter-Religious Dialogue Committees in all the parishes of the Catholic Diocese of Techiman.
• Acquire and disseminate relevant documents and information on Ecumenical Relations and Inter-Religious Dialogue, and to update the knowledge and skills of commission members, all Priests and agents of Evangelization in the Diocese.
• Organize regular meetings and seminars/workshops with leaders of other faiths.
• Present a common front with other religions on certain national issues.