Coordinator: Rev. Fr. Eric Opoku Aning
Date of Ordination: 23rd June 2012
Offices: Parish Priest, St. Arnold Janssen Parish, Kranka
Address: P. O. Box 251, Techiman
The Church has always venerated the divine Scriptures just as she venerates the body of the Lord, since, especially in the sacred liturgy, she unceasingly receives and offers to the faithful the bread of life from the table both of God's word and of Christ's body (Dei Verbum 21).
The Church has always maintained them, and continues to do so, together with sacred tradition, as the supreme rule of faith, since, as inspired by God and committed once and for all to writing, they impart the word of God Himself without change, and make the voice of the Holy Spirit resound in the words of the prophets and Apostles (DV 21).
After the Second Vatican Council, the various Apostolic Exhortations, Papal Encyclicals and the most recent Twelfth Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops, in the Vatican from 5-26 October 2008 on the theme: The Word of God in the Life and Mission of the Church, indicate how the church has sought to maintain the power of the word of God in the church and in the world so that the word of the lord may abide forever (cf. 1 Peter 1:25)
Biblical Apostolate occupies a very significant and indispensable place in the life and mission of the church, especially, at this new era of New Evangelization.
The Biblical Commission creates awareness of people on the importance, activeness and efficacy of the word of God and usefulness in teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that everyone who belongs to God may be proficient, equipped for every good work. (2Ti 3:16-17; Heb 4:12), and also to safeguard it from misinterpretation and fundamentalism.
The work of the Biblical Apostolate Coordinators is to ensure, ‘that the Bible may not be simply a word from the past, but a living and timely Word’ (Pope Benedict XVI, Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Verbum Domini, 30 September, 2010, No. 5)
1. Represents the Diocese of Techiman at the Provincial and National Biblical Apostolate Commission
2. Plans, organizes and facilitates formational and informational programs in the Biblical Apostolate for the Christ’s Faithful of the diocese.
3. To produce biblical catechesis material for Children and youth formation.
4. To promote biblical apostolate, especially in schools.
5. To encourage interest in the reading of the Bible in the Church and Small Christian Communities (SCCs).
6. To draw up biblical lessons to be used for Christian community meetings.