Department Of Pastoral Ministry & Evangelization
‘The pilgrim Church is missionary by her very nature, since it is from the mission of the Son and the mission of the Holy Spirit that she draws her origin, in accordance with the decree of God the Father’ (Vatican II Decree on the Mission Activity of the Church, Ad Gentes (AG) No. 2). The salvation message, though, has its beginning in this life, transcends the framework of temporal existence and reaches fulfillment in a communion with God (Pope Paul VI, Evangelii Nuntiandi [EN] December 8, 1975 No. 27).
The Church’s evangelizing mission does not only aim at proclaiming the Gospel to those who are outside the Church (ad Gentes); It also aims at forming the faithful within the Church so as to strengthen their faith and make them fervent agents of evangelization. Pastoral ministry refers to all activities of the Church that go to form her members and enable them to render a great variety of services according to their God-given talents and gifts.
Knowing that ‘the Church, sent by Christ to reveal and to communicate the love of God to all men and nations, is aware that there still remains a gigantic missionary task for her to accomplish’ (AG 10), the Department of Pastoral Ministry and Evangelization (DPM&E), seeks to coordinate the activities of all Offices/Commissions whose principal objective is the pastoral formation and the evangelization of the people of God in Techiman Diocese.
The Mission of the DPM&E is to implement the Pastoral decisions and policies of the Bishop, the Curia and the Pastoral Council of the Diocese, in the light of the mission of Christ and of the Church, for the spiritual and human development of the people of God in the Diocese (cf. NCS, Restructuring Document page 26-27).
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES (cf. NCS, Restructuring Document 27)
• Initiate, organize and coordinate pastoral programs in the diocese, focusing on laity and youth formation.
• Promote biblical apostolate
• Launch a vigorous drive for vocations to the Ministerial Priesthood and Consecrated life
• Identify and propose for the continuous formation of the Clergy and Religious for effective Pastoral care delivery
• Promote greater religious tolerance and collaboration among believers of the various traditions so as to create better inter-personal relations and peaceful co-existence
• The formation of the Clergy, Religious and Laity on matters canonical, and
• Continuous renewal of the liturgy through liturgical inculturation.